Est. reading time: 6 mins. Have you noticed your skin just isn’t happy lately? We all feel the effects of changing seasons on our skin, but winter tends to have a particularly notorious reputation. With the combination of the cold air outside and dry heat indoors, our skin becomes dehydrated and generally more susceptible to sensitivity and irritation. Fortunately, there are a few ways we can fight back. We’ve got you covered from top to toe with our Propolis Collection!
So what are the key Propolis benefits for skin?
This precious resin derives from the beehive and has been used for centuries due to its many benefits…
- Deeply nourishing – the ideal ingredient to use on sensitive, dry or irritated skin
- Wonderfully soothing – helps to calm redness and irritation which is key for the treatment of skin prone to breakouts
- Moisturising – prevents moisture loss and creates a protective barrier on the skin’s surface to reduce dryness or irritation
- Restoring – propolis feeds the skin with the nutrients it needs to balance and protect to maintain healthy-looking skin
- Rich in antioxidants – to eradicate free radical damage caused by the environment
Here is how you can incorporate the wonderful products into your soothing winter skin and body care routine…
1. Use a Moisturising Body Wash
It is so tempting to crank up the water temperate in the shower during winter. But did you know this just makes winter skin symptoms worse? Opt for a nice, warm temperature. And pair with a gentle, nourishing, propolis-enriched body wash to help care for your winter skin.
SBC Skincare’s Propolis Body Wash is a nurturing formula that creates a sweet, velvety lather to carefully lift away impurities. All whilst caring for your skin’s moisture barrier. Your skin will feel smooth, nourished and delicately scented with a sweet and warm aroma. It’s our best body wash for sensitive skin.
How to use:
- Pump desired amount into your hands and apply to damp skin in the shower
- For a richer lather, apply using a sponge or shower puff
- Massage into your skin all over your body, then rinse
- Alternatively, pour generously into running bath water – lay back and relax
2. Cleanse your Skin with a Milk Cleanser
Reveal a calm, clear and radiant complexion! Our Propolis & White Willow Milk Cleanser gently cleanses your skin, effectively removing all traces of make-up, oil and impurities. It also helps to reduce irritation, improve texture and balance oil. This is your first opportunity to get your hands on this new launch!
Propolis extract helps to nourish and strengthen the skin’s delicate microbiome protective barrier. Blended with White Willow and Salicylic acid to gently encourage cell turnover. Whilst Tiger Grass (Cica) and Feverfew calms and soothes sensitive, compromised skin.
How to use:
- Use morning and evening, dispense 1-2 pumps of cleanser into your hand
- Use circular movements to massage into dry face and neck, and gently over your eyes
- Rinse off thoroughly or use a face cloth
Gently wipe a damp face cloth over your skin to remove all makeup and residue
3. SBC Skincare’s Iconic Propolis Moisturising Gel
100% confirmed the Propolis Moisturising Gel improved the condition of their skin. And helped them retain a healthier-looking complexion. (Based on a study of 120 people).
One of SBC’s bestselling moisturising gels for a reason. SBC’s Propolis Moisturising Gel is a soothing, lightweight gel formulated to relieve, hydrate and replenish skin. Especially those with sensitive, flaky or irritated skin. The lightweight texture absorbs instantly to replenish moisture without suffocating the skin. Leaving skin soft, balanced and healthy-looking on your face and body.
How to use:
- As a moisturiser, pump desired amount to your hands and smooth over your face and body
- As a soothing serum for dryer skin, use before your moisturiser
- Or use as a soothing, hydrating gel mask, after cleansing apply a thick layer to your skin and leave to absorb. 2-3 times a week over winter is ideal!
4. Apply a Gentle, Deeply Nourishing Body Lotion
If you haven’t tried the Propolis & Safflower Body Milk yet, Why Not? This step is one of the most essential steps in the winter body care routine.
The lightweight, non-greasy Propolis & Safflower Body Milk absorbs quickly to deeply nourish the skin. Ideal for those who don’t enjoy the feel of heavy body butters. This is the ultimate winter saviour to keep dry, sensitive winter skin in check with minimum effort.
How to use:
- For best results apply after shower or bath on towel-dried skin
- Hold 10cm from the skin and spritz over arms, legs and body
- Massage until absorbed
Despite its lightweight texture, this precious body milk is brimming with rich, deeply moisturising extracts. For an immediate soothing and smoothing effect for dry, irritated or flaky skin.
Propolis extract and Safflower Seed Oil lavish your skin in natural nurturing care. Safflower Seed Oil is naturally rich in essential fatty acids. Also with antioxidant-rich Vitamin E to maximise the conditioning and nourishing benefits. This helps to protect the skin and keep it smooth and supple.
Speaking of Vitamin E….
5. Vitamin E for Winter Skin.
I’ll let you in on a secret – this is my favourite SBC Skincare Moisturising Gel!
Vitamin E acts as a powerful antioxidant to hydrate and nourish skin all year round, but, especially during the winter. It can help prevent dryness through its moisturising properties making SBC Skincare’s Vitamin E Moisturising Gel the perfect addition to this TSV.
The calming, hydrating properties of Vitamin E help to improve the appearance of textured, dehydrated or dull skin. Whilst its antioxidant powers help protect skin from damaging free radicals. This gel moisturiser is also formulated with smoothing Vitamin A and soothing Aloe Vera. Continued use will ensure an improvement in your skin’s tone and texture. To help restore a brighter, smoother, healthier-looking complexion on your face and body.