A celebrity skincare favourite!
In light of our exciting new launch of the Rosehip Oil Moisturising Gel, we thought we should fill you in on the fabulous details about this natural skincare superhero. And why we wanted to use it in one of our signature moisturising gel formulas!
What is Rosehip Oil?
Rosehips are the tiny edible fruits that sit beneath the rose. Rosehip Oil, not to be mistaken with Rose Oil – which is an essential oil from the petal, is harvested from the fruit, SBC’s Rosehip Oil is pressed straight from the rosehips.
This amazing oil has been used since ancient times for medicinal purposes and is known for its nutritional value and ability to relieve areas of tension.
Interesting fact: when Britain was unable to import citrus fruits during World War II, the government encouraged people to collect rosehips. The rosehips were made into a syrup that was then distributed to people as a source of vitamin C and other nutrients.
What are the benefits of Rosehip Oil for the skin?
Rosehip Oil is loaded with skin-nourishing vitamins, antioxidants and essential fatty acids, its high Vitamin C content being a massive factor in its use in skincare. This multifunctional oil is loved by celebrities and there is no mystery as to why…
- Rejuvenates and replenishes: Rosehip Oil is one of the richest natural sources of vitamin A (retinol), Vitamin C antioxidants and essential fatty acids, which in turn increase collagen production and skin elasticity to target signs of ageing.
- Intensely hydrates and moisturises: With linoleic acid, α-linolenic acid and oleic acid, rosehip oil is the go-to for hydration. It locks in moisture to keep the natural skin barrier strong.
- Brightens and evens skin tone: Vitamins A, C and vitamin E encourage skin cell turnover and boost overall radiance, also helping decrease the appearance of hyperpigmentation.
- Fights free radicals: Rosehips are thought to have more vitamin C than an orange or lemon. Vitamin C has antioxidant properties to help reduce ultraviolet light damage caused by free radicals.
- Calms and soothes irritation: Rosehip Oil can be beneficial for those dealing with rosacea, eczema, and other inflammatory skin issues, including skin prone to breakouts. It can calm blemishes and help reduce the appearance of any hyperpigmentation they may cause, leaving your skin even, clear and smooth with a youthful radiance. So, you can see why we wanted to incorporate it into our wonderful range of skincare.
Why is SBC’s Rosehip Oil Moisturising Gel different?
Introducing SBC’s brand-new Rosehip Oil Moisturising Gel – still Rosehip Oil but with a difference.
Rosehip Oil can be found in all types of skincare products, most commonly found in its purest form as an oil. However, we know many of you don’t enjoy using oil formulas on your skin, or maybe your delicate skin may struggle to tolerate them. Our gel formula is ultra-lightweight and quick to absorb making it the perfect vehicle for Rosehip Oil while not irritating the skin.
SBC’s mantra is effective skincare for the face and body – which is why we had to make sure we utilised this powerful ingredient in our signature formula, to target signs of ageing, even out skin tone, brighten and smooth the skin on both the face and body.
Who is SBC’s Rosehip Oil Moisturising Gel for?
In general, Rosehip Oil as an ingredient is beneficial for all skin types. Due to this being a lightweight gel formula, those with oily, combination or sensitive skin, or those prone to irritation may particularly enjoy using this as part of their skincare regime.
This Rosehip Moisturising Gel is the perfect anti-ageing product for skin that may react to actives such as retinol. We see this formula as the perfect entry stage into serious, result-driven skincare – for both the face and body.
If you are looking for a vegan-friendly, non-comedogenic product to target signs of ageing, brighten your complexion, nourish and soothe your skin, you will not regret adding this powerful gel moisturiser to your skincare collection.
When should I use Rosehip Oil Moisturising Gel in my routine?
This gel can be used as part of any skincare regime… due to the benefits of the Rosehip Oil Moisturising Gel, it would complement our Hydra-Collagen range to target fine lines and wrinkles. Or for potent radiance-boosting power use with our Vitamin range for a healthy-looking complexion.
We recommend oily skin types using this as your moisturiser and drier skin types to layer as a serum. It will deeply hydrate without leaving residue can be used all year round.